www.part-x.co.uk Part Exchange anything, for free, online here at PartX!

Thursday 7 October 2010

My Sequences

When deciding upon which sequences to choose, I honestly did not know where to start. There were some obvious choices which sprung to mind immediately, however I wanted to think outside the box a bit more and perhaps create some which would require slightly more effort but be entirely original. This lead me to think of what was going on in Nottingham at the time of my assignment, I searched on the internet and came up with the idea to pay Nottingham Horse Racing track a visit.

I went with my flatmate, who is a horse racing fan, with the intention of depicting his experience at a day like this. Gambling is an integral part of racing so i wanted to represent this through my images. I began at the parade ring where the enthusiasts examine the horses intently for signs of anything that may cause them to win or lose the race. He then went to the bookmaking stand to place his bet on the horse he had picked on the basis of its recent form and condition. The next shot was not an obvious choice as one would assume that the winning horse would be shown in the centre of the shot. To show the speed of the horse I took the shot so it was just entering the frame as it crossed the finish line, leaving a lot of green space in front of the horse. The successful better then goes on to collect his winning for the final shot.

Unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day and taking multiple shots at the races was imperative as I wanted a variety to chose from and upload in time for my Thursday lecture. So after the races I cooked some dinner nd showed the process from different angles in the style i would imagine a step by step cooking guide to depict it.

My next sequence was less abstract and just showed different stages of breakfast being eaten.

Here is another interesting shot of the winning jockey William Buick, after the race, outside the Weighing Room.


No comments:

Post a Comment