www.part-x.co.uk Part Exchange anything, for free, online here at PartX!

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Social networking, alt tags and linking to my online marketplace

As social networking is a key aspect of marketing i thought it imperitive that i link the site to my facebook and newly formed twitter account, something i did specially to link to the site and add another avenue for marketing and communication, when needed. These links are shown at the footer of each page, this way visitors can easily view/contact me through my facebook and twitter. I used the same photo of myself for my twitter as is on my hompage so it is obvious straight away to any visitors that they have come to the right place.

I added alt tags so that different aspects of the page are named when you hover your mouse over them. This will be helpful for relevant content if and when i come to optimise the site for google in future. According to the tutorials i used to help me build the site inserting alt tags is also considered 'good practice'.

Finally, as i already have an online marketplace (www.part-x.co.uk) i thought it would make sense to link both my personal portfolio and this site, and make it obvious they are owned by the same person. I have a link both on the home and portfolio page which can direct users to partx. This is to ensure i capitalise on all visitors to my portfolio in terms of marketing my online marketplace. It also shows potential employers that i have skills in aspects of business and marketing as well as the film aspect of my resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment